CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
*BLOG*

Thursday, June 5, 2008

ARE YOU A RIGHT CLICKA OR AN IBOOK FLIPPA?

The war between Mac and PC has been waging for about a decade now. While some swear by their Mac (believeing that its' aesthetically-pleasing design and user-friendly interface is well worth the price), PC followers believe that it is all "iHype" and the the universality of the PC and its' affordability is hard to beat. Watch the following video which pokes funs at this rivalry and after doing some research about Mac and PC specifications (ex: operating systems, hardware, software and typical usage) explain which platform you believe is better and why?

Mac Vs. PC! Which is better? Well I think he biggest difference between the two is preference. Macs are definitely great computers. Apple Macbooks are the best-selling laptops by college students and are well known for its sleek designs and fast performances. However, there are plenty of PC manufactures that are capable of making equally or even better computers. An exceptional feature on Macbooks are their long battery lives. However, Macs are generally much more expensive compared to a PC with similar specifications.


The Max OS X operating system is by far the most simple to use, though it is far from being perfect. In fact, the Mac OS X is much more vulnerable to viruses compared to a PC with Windows XP or Vista installed. However, the recently released Mac OS X Leopard have solved some of the problems but not all. Security issues on the Mac have been improved along with the ability to boot Windows operating systems through BootCamp. This can allow Mac users to have the privilege to use Mac OS X and Windows and may dramatically increase the popularity for Macs.


Most if not all software you will need is available on a PC. Unfortunately, Mac users may not have access to all types of software. However, on the positive side, Mac users are able to run a lot of their applications on a faster speed. For example, a Mac will run Adobe Photoshop faster than a PC with the same features, which definitely attracts many consumers.


Overall, I think Macs give better performance but may not give all the software you require. Therefore, I recommend basic computer users to use Macs and more advanced users to use a PC. Personally, I own a Macbook and I'm loving the performance and I value the battery life. I've had it for a while now and have no problem with it what so ever. I'm 100% satisfied with my Macbook and will continue to purchase Macs in the future.

0 comments: