
My total ecological footprint in hectares is 6.7. The average ecological footprint for someone living in Canada is 8.8. If everyone lived like me, we would need about four planets in order for there to be enough ecological footprint hectares for everyone.
Worldwide there exists only 1.8 biologically productive hectares per person. I think that people in Canada and North America use up a lot more ecological footprint hectares compared to people in other countries such as Pakistan. An average person in Pakistan just uses 0.7 hectares, therefore I think we need to start using environmental friendly products and change the way North American people live their lives.
People can reduce our ecological footprint by doing many small things. For example, we can walk or ride a bike to school instead of driving a car. Also, people can eat more vegetables instead of meat, this is beneficial to our environment as well as our health. In addition, students and workers should bring lunch boxes instead of throwing out wrappings and packaging. Most importantly, all humans need to reduce, recycle, and reuse. Small things like this can reduce our ecological footprint dramatically.
I think everyone should visit this interactive website to find out their ecological footprint. It helped me become more self aware about the way we live our lives and how we don't really care about our environment. After realizing that I, along with everyone else in the world may be harming and destroying our planet, I must need to stop this from happening by helping to reduce, reuse, and recycle. If everyone in the world looked in this website, I think people's way of life will dramatically change which will definitely be positive to Earth, our home.

0 comments:
Post a Comment